Attempt to reduce sales of illegal SIM cards in Balkh

Attempt to reduce sales of illegal SIM cards in Balkh

Balkh Telecommunication and Information Technology Department has collected 7,000 unregistered SIM cards in the past two months from the outskirts of Mazar-e-Sharif city.

Engineer Mohammad Taqi Poya, Head of Telecommunication and Information Technology Department in Balkh said that with the efforts made, sales of illegal SIM cards has fallen by 60% compared to the past, and efforts are ongoing for the remaining 40%.

He added that the campaign for collection of illegal SIM cards runs continuously, and once or twice a week, the commission which has been formed for this purpose, monitors the market at official and unofficial times.

Mr. Poya also calls on telecom companies not to sell SIM cards without registration and at the same time asks people not to use unregistered SIM cards.

In the meantime, residents in the city of Mazar-e Sharif appreciate this effort by authorities, and consider use of illegal and unregistered SIM cards a source of harassment.

 

Reporter: Hamid Nawabzada

 

Read 44 times
Rate this item
(0 votes)